Welcome... take your hat off, stay awhile...

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I'm Back! >>>

Goodness, how time has seemed to get away from me recently. So much has happened that going over it all would simply bore you to death because it would just be lists and lists of everything I've done.


The highlights:

~~Finished off my junior year strong with a 3.6 GPA -- and made it on the A-B Honor roll!

~~Loving having a car and license to go wherever I need to go. My parents basically trust me to do everything I need to do during the day and then I come home when I'm hungry. Its like being on my own, with some limitations--that I'm not really tempted to break

~~I starred in the school play "Arsenic and Old Lace" next to the lovely Dorinda Thompson; playing old ladies that poison lonely old men

~~I took up tap dancing. Six week course, no big deal.

~~wrote some new songs, and even recorded a few (which I will not post because they are not yet perfecto)

~~I now have a part time job at a restaurant as a busser and food runner, which I really enjoy

~~I am using my paycheck mulah to save up for my senior class trip to Israel, Greece, Rome, and Egypt this coming March - SO excited


Aaaaand that's pretty much my life right now. I would apologize for not posting for a loooong time, but I'm not sure if I'm really talking to anyone cuz I'm not sure anybody really reads my blog in the first place. (I shall advertise on my Facebook) :p
Today, I helped the school film a promotional video to show to more families in the area who are interested in attending. Usually I'm at my school all the time even in the summer, because I used to hang out with my mom when she used to teach there and help her set up her classroom, and also to spend time with church people (who we share campus with).
Now that I'm working, i'm not there hardly at all except for sunday mornings and I came to realize how much I had missed it today. When I graduate, I can't even imagine the thought of never spending a day with everyone ever again. I praise God he brought me to Classical Christian Academy. I don't know who I'd be without it. Most seniors in high school are just dying to get out; clawing at the walls...but I love my school to death.
Haha its sort of weird to me that people are all like "FINALLY I'm done!" or "I've finished high school!" "No more school!" "I have a high school diploma!" and I kinda want to say, congradulations, so does 80% of the population... because really, all the graduates from my school have just MORE school after that. College; usually universities. So am I looking forward to being done? Sort of. But I realize that after I'm done, I'm not really done...
But hey, I have a whole year to think about that.

*stands up* "Hello, my name is Gerry. And I'm addicted to Dutch Bros." Seriously, its reached
an unhealthy level. I'll spend a half hour digging through the change jar just to get my favorite drink. If they had DBA meetings (Dutch Bros Annonymous) I would be forced to attend. They even sent me a lanyard in the mail because I'm VIP, I get discounts in the form of text messages, and everyone--morning and afternoon workers--know my name and car. If you've never had Dutch Bros, try it, it'll change your life. :) If you're a coffee snob and don't like it, then go back to sipping your over-priced too-rich burnt coffee, and we can just forget you ever read this. ;)


I have some food for thought here, that I hope will bless you in some way.

2Ti 1:10
but it has now been revealed through the appearing of our Savior, Christ Jesus, who has destroyed death and has brought life and immortality to light through the gospel.
We sing a song in church, called Mighty to Save. Its really popular and has been for the last couple years. There's a line in the song that I've always sort of sung over but never truly thought about it. That is the phrase "Jesus conquered the grave." When you think about it, what are humans (people who don't believe in the ressurection of Jesus Christ, anyway) most afraid of? Or the punishers of crime; what do they believe is the worst punishment? What is seen by this world always as a last resort? The answer to all three of these is: death. When people fight in war, they fight for their lives, to see who can kill the most. Death is viewed by this world as the worst thing. Nobody wants to die, at least people who aren't extremely old or suicidal. Now for Christians, who believe Jesus died for our sins and rose again, and believe that he is the only Son of God and our only way to Heaven, we have hope, we have a future after death. But isn't it interesting that the devil has desensitized the world into believing dying is the worst thing.
Jesus suffered everything. He suffered temptation, persecuation, pain, fear, slander, and grief even though he was completely innocent. Yet by dying on the cross he overcame every earthly hurt, every human pain, and literally conquered that which as seen as the worst: death. So if my God can overcome anything, even death, then he knows first hand what I've been through, what I'll go through, and will be by my side to help me with it all. It is because of his love that I have nothing to fear, especially death. Because as Christians, our places in heaven are secured forever.... Is yours?

1Cr 15:26
The last enemy to be destroyed is death.


Rom 4:25
He was delivered over to death for our sins and was raised to life for our justification.



Well, I think that's all for now. I'm going to try and be better about posting... Comment if you have anything else you want to share.



~~~Gerry~~~

1 comment:

  1. Gerry, WE CAN BE BLOGGER BUDDIES! :D

    I'm so happy that you go into detail and make relevant posts! I hope that you keep it up, we could totally bond over this :)

    ReplyDelete